Kaftan dresses are incredibly versatile, comfortable and unexpectedly chic. So it’s perhaps no surprise that more and more women are seeing the potential of this summer beach wardrobe fashion staple for all year round wear. After all, if something truly is so stylish, why limit it to one occasion or setting?
Choosing the right kaftan dress for you
Taking a kaftan dress from the beach to a bar or restaurant can be an absolute doddle with a few simple tips. You need to choose the right style, pattern and material for your tastes and body shape.
The easiest way to transform your kaftan look from day to night is by choosing a show-stopping printed style, many of which can be found on our site – Hampstead Bazaar clothing online.
A printed rather than plain option can add an instant layer of glamour to your outfit, and you can finish the look with one of our ladies cashmere jumpers if you’re worried about feeling chilly during the evening.
Tips for styling a kaftan dress
- Opting for a brightly-coloured kaftan? Team it with a beautiful safari patterned matching head wrap or scarf.
- Or, if you want to keep the glamorous boho vibes going from day to night, you could choose a straw hat instead.
- Make sure you choose an appropriate length for your occasion. A medium-length kaftan is better suited for a day at the office, particularly when teamed up with a pair of leggings, while a shorter kaftan is a great choice for a casual day trip. A long kaftan can be worn at more formal functions, such as beach weddings or a cocktail party.
- Cinch in your waist in your floaty kaftan dress by investing in a dark, chunky belt that you can utilise to show off your hourglass figure.
- A silk or cotton kaftan top looks fabulous over palazzo trousers or shorts if you’re not a big fan of dresses, or want to keep your legs covered without compromising on style and comfort.
- Finish the look with a chunky, statement necklace that compliments or contrasts the colours in your kaftan, for a bold, look-at-me feel.
Don’t forget to keep the comfort going with well-chosen shoes. Kaftans look great with a range of shoes, so it doesn’t matter whether you want to dance the night away in flats or heels. Jewelled sandals with heels will help make a chic and pretty statement and will add a little slice of luxury to your outfit.
- When choosing a bag to go with your outfit, you’ll want to opt for something a little smaller than you may usually go for. That’s because kaftans are floaty and large by design, so you’ll want to balance out the whole look by choosing a small clutch bag, instead of a bulky handbag. This can instantly take it up a few notches on the glamour scale!
- Wearing your kaftan at the beach? Pair it with a pair of sandals and shades and you are beach ready! You’ll also be protected a little from the sun, too.
Which kaftan dress from Hampstead Bazaar will you choose? Shop now both online and in-store in at your shop in Bath!